Estar Preterite Tense
The preterite form of estar is an irregular formation which is important to learn, and learn well, as it will be used frequently right from the start of your studies.
It follows the same irregular pattern as the verb tener, meaning ‘to have‘ which you can check out here.
Estar Preterite Conjugation
- 1st person singular (yo) estuve I was
- 2nd person singular (tú) estuviste you were
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) estuvo he/she was and, you were
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) estuvimos we were
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) estuvisteis you were
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) estuvieron they/you were
Tagged with: estar in preterite • estar in the preterite • estar preterite • estar preterite conjugation • preterite conjugation of estar • preterite estar • preterite form of estar • preterite of estar in spanish • preterite tense estar • preterite tense of estar • spanish preterite estar
Filed under: Estar posts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!