Tener Preterite Tense
The preterite form of tener is highly irregular but unfortunately is unavoidable as it is frequently used.
There is only really one way to learn tener preterite and that is to memorize it, although this process can be made far easier by using a verb training tool, one such tool is the Verbarrator and you can learn more about it here – Verbarrator.
Tener Preterite Conjugation
- 1st person singular (yo) tuve – I had
- 2nd person singular (tú) tuviste – you had
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) tuvo – he/she and you had
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) tuvimos – we had
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) tuvisteis – you had
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) tuvieron – they/you had
Tagged with: preterite conjugation of tener • preterite form of tener • preterite of tener in spanish • preterite tener • preterite tense of tener • preterite tense tener • spanish preterite tener • tener in preterite • tener in the preterite • tener preterite • tener preterite conjugation
Filed under: Tener Posts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!