Ver Conjugation: Ver Tenses Conjugated
The Spanish verb VER, which translates as ‘to see’ or ‘to watch’ in English, does not cause that many problems for most students, however it has certain irregularities that will need to be mastered, the most important being those that affect the present tense conjugation.
Below you will find each tense of Ver conjugation with the irregular forms highlighted in red.
viendo - seeing
visto - seen
Present Tense of Ver – presente:
- yo veo – I see
- tú ves/vés – you see
- él/ella ve/vé- he/she sees
- usted ve/vé – you see (polite)
- nosotros/as vemos – we see
- vosotros/as véis- you see (plural)
- ellos/ellas ven/vén- they see
- ustedes ven/vén- you see (polite plural)
Preterite Tense of Ver – pretérito:
- yo vi – I saw
- tú viste – you saw
- él/ella vio – he/she saw
- usted vio – you saw (polite)
- nosotros/as vimos – we saw
- vosotros/as visteis – you saw (plural)
- ellos/ellas vieron – they saw
- ustedes vieron – you saw (polite plural)
Imperfect Tense of Ver – imperfecto:
- yo veía – I used to see
- tú veías – you used to see
- él/ella veía – he/she used to see
- usted veía – you used to see (polite)
- nosotros/as veíamos – we used to see
- vosotros/as veíais – you used to see (plural)
- ellos/ellas veían – they used to see
- ustedes veían – you used to see (polite plural)
Future Tense of Ver – futuro:
- yo veré – I will see
- tú verás – you will see
- él/ella verá – he/she will see
- usted verá – you will see (polite)
- nosotros/as veremos – we will see
- vosotros/as veréis – you will see (plural)
- ellos/ellas verán – they will see
- ustedes verán – you will see (polite plural)
Conditional Tense of Ver – condicional:
- yo vería – I would see
- tú verías – you would see
- él/ella vería – he/she would see
- usted vería – you would see (polite)
- nosotros/as veríamos – we would see
- vosotros/as veríais – you would see (plural)
- ellos/ellas verían – they would see
- ustedes verían – you would see (polite plural)
Present subjunctive Tense of Ver – presente del subjuntivo:
- yo vea- I see
- tú veas- you see
- él/ella vea- he/she see
- usted vea- you see (polite)
- nosotros/as veamos- we see
- vosotros/as veáis- you see (plural)
- ellos/ellas vean- they see
- ustedes vean- you see (polite plural)
Imperfect subjunctive Tense of Ver – imperfecto del subjuntivo:
- yo viera/viese – I saw
- tú vieras/vieses – you saw
- usted/él/ella viera/viese – he/she and you saw
- nosotros/as viéramos/viésemos – we saw
- vosotros/as vierais/vieseis – you saw (plural)
- ustedes/ellos/ellas vieran/viesen – they or you (polite plural) saw
Ver Imperative – imperativo:
- (tú) ¡Ve! or ¡Vé! - See!
- (usted) ¡Vea! – See!
- (nosotros/as) ¡Veamos! - Let’s See!
- (vosotros/as) ¡Ved! – See!
- (ustedes) !Vean! - See!
There are three other verbs that use the exact conjugation patterns as ver but they are not used that often but are worthwhile noting, they are: entrever ‘to partially see’ or ‘to make up’, prever ‘to predict’ or ‘to preview’ and rever ‘to review’.
If you are struggling with learning Spanish verb conjugation, (and heaven knows most of us do!) check out my first hand review of the Verbarrator verb conjugation training software program, an excellent program and one, I hasten to add, that has helped me and many other people I know a great deal!
Filed under: Other Irregular Spanish Verbs
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!